Food safety and production process starts with Good Agricultural Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices as a series of procedures that must be done to ensure safe food production by avoiding any risk of physical, chemical, or microbiological contamination.
These measures are corroborated through the procedures of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP). These are carried out, for example, by doing a microbiological analysis after the disinfection process, and performing daily testing of each lot to identify whether there is any desviation from the parameters that could cause health problems for the consumer.
WE KEEP TRACK ON TEMP. CONTROLLED WITH DIGITAL DEVICES ON
It is based on the following points:
- Control of the entire chain of production and certification in Good Agricultural Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- The control and regular training of our staff.
- The history and rotation of fields.
- The use of chemicals approved by regulatory agencies in environmental protection and food security in Mexico and the U.S.
- Proper and minimal use of fertilizers.
- Ensuring the microbiological quality of irrigation water.
- Microbiological analysis of pre and post-harvest products.
Good Agricultural , Manufacturing and Water-Smart Practices
Good Agricultural , Manufacturing and Water-Smart Practices are procedures performed before and during the production of vegetables and fruits . All the technical operations are regulated, inspected, and certified by agencies who specialize in food safety:
- PRIMUS LAB
- NSF (David Fresh Technologies)
- FDA Facility Certified
To comply with these inspections, a monthly microbiological analysis of irrigation water has been implemented to prevent cross-contamination, control the use of pesticides, and provide ongoing training to our staff.
Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA)
The Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA) was enacted at the request of the fruit and vegetable industry to promote fair trade in the industry. PACA protects businesses dealing in fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables by establishing and enforcing a code of fair business practices.